Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:18 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Looks awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:40 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Check this.

http://www.pligg.com/

Another open source CMS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:44 pm 
Administrator

I just got off the phone with Steve and the redesign keeps sounding better and better. He has a ton of knowledge about pmwiki and seems to be thinking along the exact same lines as me. Everyone give him a round of applause :)

Our current goal is to have the new site live next weekend, the 19th or 20th. During this time we'll likely have to have the forums offline so plan for some downtime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:01 pm 
Administrator

Jared,

Good to talk to you, thanks for your (and drees) kind words. The cut down (minus headers) RomRaider forum you gave I've now added as a simple 'includeurl' in the Wiki markup. See the following URL or click the 'Forums' link in the sidebar:
http://scoobypedia.co.uk/RomRaider/inde ... ums/Forums

This is a quick way (5 seconds) to embed the forum in the Wiki. Is this what you were thinking of?

Please ignore what happens when you click a forum item within this page, this will be solved when you give me URL to the cutdown RomRaider forum homepage actually on your website. In fact, better still, click edit on the above page and alter the wiki page markup yourself as I'm off to bed shortly!

-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:19 pm 
Administrator

Jared,

Further to our call we agreed I'd look at the following next:

+ Support historic links to your mediwiki articles (51 off), see ref, http://wiki.RomRaider.org/index.php?tit ... l:Allpages
+ Migrate above articles to new Wiki
+ Addin your banner rotations
+ Add-in Google Adsense

-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:20 pm 
Administrator

Most importantly, retaining links from other sites to current threads. :)

Also, this should be pretty simple, it would be nice to add the ability to search the forums to the wiki search function. Maybe just add the current search page underneath the wiki's search, with a "Search Forums" heading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:57 pm 
Administrator

site's looking pretty good, guys.

NOTE: first post in the last.. ahm... 4 months? :lol: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:20 pm 
Administrator

Ok latest update...

I've cleared my inital to do's list including:

+ Support historic (external) links to your mediwiki articles (51 off), see: http://wiki.RomRaider.org/index.php?tit ... l:Allpages (Done, although I'm waiting for Jared to upload a script to RomRaider to test the redirects)

+ Migrate above articles to new Wiki (all old articles now migrated to new Wiki temporarily on my host, see: http://scoobypedia.co.uk/RomRaider/ - most are under the 'FAQ' item from the sidebar.

+ Added Jared's sponsored banner ad rotations (see top right) - you'll get a hit on a local page so you'll be able to get a click count for each banner using standard web site statistics

+ Added in Google Adsense Ads - only in footer at the moment because it seemed OTT in the header as well with the banner ads in close proximity. Let me know if you want them added back in.

-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 pm 
Administrator

Right, what next?....

A few things spring to mind:

+ Integrated Wiki and Forum search (as suggested above). How do you see this being implemented? Some ideas might be:
    - A single search box which searches both Wiki and Forum. Search page results would be split into two showing search results for both.

- Single search box with two check boxes under - Wiki and Forum. Selected items would be searched. Search results same as above. Perhaps default to both checkboxes selected.

- Drop down list allowing user to select either Wiki or Forum. Selected one would be searched.
+ Improve site look and feel. I'm no artist and have quickly lashed something together to discuss options:
    - The whole layout (aka skin) can be customised any which way. Ideas welcome, reference websites you like the look of? A word of warning I am no PHP or CSS expert so may need to solicit assistance here.

- Depending on how clean & simple we can keep the sidebar we may need to run dynamic menus running across the page just under the logo. These would pop-up showing 'sidebar' content/links.

- Graphics. More glitsy stuff required. Contributions welcome - things for the front page, perhaps even the logo (although that is quite good now). Logo's slogan could do with a tweek.
+ Wiki documentation - need to plan/agree a structure.
    - This can be grouped in to logical collections. For now we've got a 'Documentation' and an 'RomRaider' group. Things like the numerous FAQ pages are in Documentation, everything else is under RomRaider.

- There is currently no RomRaider User Guide. I'm hoping the Wiki will encourage people to write the odd 'User Guide Page' as and when. Perhaps this is something we encourage newbees to do - one page per person - as a contribution for using this great tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:02 pm 
Administrator

crispyduck wrote:
- Drop down list allowing user to select either Wiki or Forum. Selected one would be searched.

I like that, even better if we could have a third option of "Both," though that's probably more work than is necessary.

Quote:
- Depending on how clean & simple we can keep the sidebar we may need to run dynamic menus running across the page just under the logo. These would pop-up showing 'sidebar' content/links.

I'm not a big fan of popup menus unless they're done right. Go to espn.com and try to look at college (american) football scores from the index if you want to see why. If they aren't too complex that would be cool.

Quote:
- There is currently no RomRaider User Guide. I'm hoping the Wiki will encourage people to write the odd 'User Guide Page' as and when. Perhaps this is something we encourage newbees to do - one page per person - as a contribution for using this great tool.

The FAQ, I think, can be restructed and used as a basis for a complete users guide. Or, if nothing else, a good deal of the information can be pulled to make one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2