Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:02 pm 
Administrator

Wow, I didn't realize how much people liked the new posts icon. Yeah, I'm going to put some stats from the forum and some of its useful links on the right of the wiki when I get a chance. I planned on doing it today but it's now 1:00 and I just woke up. Couldn't sleep last night after watching the worst superbowl of all time I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:49 pm 
RomRaider Developer

I brought the New Posts link back for everyone. I missed it, too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:07 pm 
Experienced

crispyduck wrote:
FXTIam wrote:
hawke wrote:
Hey there is a "New Posts" Link!!!! I like it!
I liked it too!! But I don't see it now :( Is it gone forever?

Just looking at 'recent changes' we can see that jared altered it with the change comment 'Removed new posts -- I'll add it to the right panel later'
-Steve.

I made that link but its gone now
maybe admin prefers the clean look Im ok with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:11 pm 
Administrator

goixiz wrote:
I made that link but its gone now
maybe admin prefers the clean look Im ok with that

I do, but I also want the site to be usable. :) I removed the link thinking I was going to get more work done than I did the other night. drees put it back like he said -- I'll leave it there till I get more work done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:21 pm 
Administrator

Alright, this is getting really frustrating. CSS is not my friend. I'm having trouble with the sidebar in Firefox (the font is smaller when you're not viewing the forum) (stop using Firefox you jerks!), and the "Search" popup window is a total mess when not viewing the forum. If anyone could take a look at this and send me an updated stylesheet (you should be looking at RomRaider.css, not fisubsilver.css), I'd really appreciate it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:56 pm 
Administrator

Cool. Steve got page editing tied in with logins now, so you must be logged in to make changes to the wiki. Not sure if he set it up to disallow banned users yet, but it'll happen. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:59 pm 
Administrator

qoncept wrote:
Cool. Steve got page editing tied in with logins now, so you must be logged in to make changes to the wiki. Not sure if he set it up to disallow banned users yet, but it'll happen. :)

Are there Wiki spam bots? That would suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:16 pm 
Administrator

Probably. I found spam in a few pages in the old wiki. But I really doubt there are any pmwiki spam bots that register on the associated phpbb forum first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 am 
Administrator

Yeah, I didn't figure. How come we are not hit with as much spam as openecu? It seems like they get 10-15 posts a day. I think we've had 2 this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:19 am 
Administrator

I dunno. RomRaider.org does still get a lot of referalls from openecu (even more than from google). Apparantly the site is still quite busy.

Post subject: Wiki / forum authentication
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:12 am 
Administrator

qoncept wrote:

All,

Yes, my initial Wiki / forum single sign-on attempt seems to be working.

Please note: We'll need all forum users to logout and backin to the forum before you can edit Wiki pages. This will update the existing RomRaider authentication cookie in your browsers.

Have a play and get back to us here if you spot any problems. In summary, if you are not logged in to the forum the wiki icons on each page (top right) will not offer edit or upload. When you are logged in, those icons will reappear. Obviously the security is taken of behind the scene as well so you can't get round it. The way I've done it augments, not replaces, the existing wiki password based page and/or group protection for read, edit, upload, etc.

I expect that Jared will want to edit protect 'sensitive' pages so only he (or a select few) can alter. For example on might want to edit protect the sidebar page, the page that presents the command icons at the top-right of each page, the Wiki site footer page, perhaps even the front page.

-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:32 am 
Administrator

merchgod wrote:
Are there Wiki spam bots? That would suck.

Yes, but also spam people. We have protection built-in that is adaptive over time both automatically and manually. I'll brief Jared on what I've set up.

Additionally as Jared says we enforce a forum login so spam attacks will have to be two-phased, register first, then do your damage.

Everyone can help though. If you spot a spam attempt please take a look at that Wiki page. Then find out the IP address of the 'criminal' by going to the 'Page History/Version' icon. This page lists all page changes and better still if you hover over the editors name - it will display their IP address :-)

Please report the page and IP address to us and we can make sure it won't happen again. Feel free to 'Restore' the page from the Page History page.

Note to Jared: You might want to start a new 'Report SPAM here' thread somewhere as a focal point.

I'm being intentionally minimalisic on the type of spam protection as it's not worth publishing technical details on how it works ;-)

-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:35 am 
Administrator

qoncept wrote:
...Not sure if he set it up to disallow banned users yet, but it'll happen. :)

Jared,

I'll need to test that, but it should work. I'll register a new user and email you the username as I'd like you to ban it so I can try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:41 am 

crispyduck wrote:
qoncept wrote:
...Not sure if he set it up to disallow banned users yet, but it'll happen. :)

Jared,

I'll need to test that, but it should work. I'll register a new user and email you the username as I'd like you to ban it so I can try.

Jared, it's me!

Can you ban me please and I'll test. :-)
-Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 am 
Administrator

Sounds good Steve.. that user is banned now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next