Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: New SVN repository
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 pm 
Administrator

For those interested (which is probably very few..), I finished migrating the Subversion repository from Source Forge to RomRaider.org. Anyone viewing or working on the source code should now be using http://svn.romraider.com/RomRaider. This host is considerably faster and should be more reliable than SF.net.

If you're interested in contributing, let me know! I can create an account on the repo for you and you can get to work.

Post subject: Re: New SVN repository
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 pm 
RomRaider Developer

qoncept wrote:
For those interested (which is probably very few..), I finished migrating the Subversion repository from Source Forge to RomRaider.org. Anyone viewing or working on the source code should now be using http://svn.romraider.com/RomRaider. This host is considerably faster and should be more reliable than SF.net.

If you're interested in contributing, let me know! I can create an account on the repo for you and you can get to work.

Much faster (at least for me)!

Actually, I wouldn't mind checking in the little Windows C++ (VC6) app I wrote to test ISO 9141 and ISO 14230 on OpenPort (Tactrix) cables. I know it isn't really a part of RomRaider proper, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of real repository for such things at openecu.com.

Also, I'm pretty tied up tonight through Thursday with work-work but Friday I think I'll be ready to put an MTS parser up as a stand alone, testable package.

-jjf

Post subject: Re: New SVN repository
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:16 pm 
Administrator

jfitzpat wrote:
Actually, I wouldn't mind checking in the little Windows C++ (VC6) app I wrote to test ISO 9141 and ISO 14230 on OpenPort (Tactrix) cables. I know it isn't really a part of RomRaider proper, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of real repository for such things at openecu.com.

I think the easiest way would be to make another repository.. I could set one up if you want..? What kind of project name should I give it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 am 
RomRaider Developer

Visual C++.. OHH GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!

;-)

but seriously people :shock:

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:05 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Tgui wrote:

;-)

Uh, sorry.

FWIW, I went looking for some source on using the tactrix cable for different protocols and, aside from SSM, came up pretty dry. I initially hooked and logged D2XX traffic because I couldn't even find a schematic for my cable (I actually had hooked D2XX for a non-automotive project before). Eventually I found a 'preliminary' schematic for 1.3M on the OpenEcu forum.

Once I had a schematic, I added some basic protocol tests to my stack spy. As I said above, I realize it isn't really RomRaider proper. But since you are going to eventually exploit more advanced features on the cable than just using the K line at 4800 baud, I rationalized that it wasn't completely out of place.

Again, I'm sorry. My primary focus is getting you an MTS solution. The whole point of my doing the Innovate SDK in the first place was to make our hardware more accessible to more software developers. Not that I have anything against commercial software development, but it struck me as a shame that the only folks seemingly getting anything out of my free control in this particular community are the ones doing shareware.

So, scratch one bad idea and back to a Java package when I can come up for air on Friday. :D

-jjf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 pm 
RomRaider Developer

jfitzpat wrote:
Tgui wrote:

;-)

Uh, sorry.

FWIW, I went looking for some source on using the tactrix cable for different protocols and, aside from SSM, came up pretty dry. I initially hooked and logged D2XX traffic because I couldn't even find a schematic for my cable (I actually had hooked D2XX for a non-automotive project before). Eventually I found a 'preliminary' schematic for 1.3M on the OpenEcu forum.

Once I had a schematic, I added some basic protocol tests to my stack spy. As I said above, I realize it isn't really RomRaider proper. But since you are going to eventually exploit more advanced features on the cable than just using the K line at 4800 baud, I rationalized that it wasn't completely out of place.

Again, I'm sorry. My primary focus is getting you an MTS solution. The whole point of my doing the Innovate SDK in the first place was to make our hardware more accessible to more software developers. Not that I have anything against commercial software development, but it struck me as a shame that the only folks seemingly getting anything out of my free control in this particular community are the ones doing shareware.

So, scratch one bad idea and back to a Java package when I can come up for air on Friday. :D

-jjf

I think you took my reply wrong. Most people who know me, know that I'm a pomous Linux nut. Anything from Microsoft I declare is bound to make you sterile ;-)

I like C/C++, so do what you need to :-)

A java package in the future would be best though, but hey, you're kind enough to do this work, we'll take what we can get here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:28 pm 
Administrator

Yeah, ignore Tgui, he's a cynical bastard like the rest of us. :) I'm going to give you commit permissions to the new SVN repo so you can check in whatever work you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:37 pm 
RomRaider Developer

I did take it the wrong way, but didn't have any hard feelings about it.

Native Windows made sense for my cable test/tools because I am very familiar with the driver arch. and have already built lots of tools for snooping and hooking.

For the MTS parsing, etc., I'm definately trying to keep with the idea of a reusable package and platform independance.

Again, I'm swamped today and tomorrow with a deadline (2 actually) at work, but will try to get some stuff checked in at the end of the week or over the weekend.

-jjf

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]