Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Full screen dashboard view improvements?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 pm 

Sorry for the delay -
I pushed this to my fork of Romraider. You should be able to build it from this repro like the main one to build an installer.
https://github.com/DaBlackMamba/RomRaider

Once it's all installed and setup. You'll want to launch the logger with the below param to get the 'touch' UI.

romraider.exe -logger.touch

I made a pull request to the main repro as well now so that dschultz/others can give some feedback.

https://github.com/RomRaider/RomRaider/pull/58

-Thx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:46 pm 

BlackMamba wrote:
Sorry for the delay -
I pushed this to my fork of Romraider. You should be able to build it from this repro like the main one to build an installer.
https://github.com/DaBlackMamba/RomRaider

Once it's all installed and setup. You'll want to launch the logger with the below param to get the 'touch' UI.

romraider.exe -logger.touch

I made a pull request to the main repro as well now so that dschultz/others can give some feedback.

https://github.com/RomRaider/RomRaider/pull/58

-Thx

Are you going to be building a release at all? If not, I think I might have to download the SDK to compile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 pm 
RomRaider Developer

We should have a new RR release out in the next few weeks, this will be included in it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:24 am 

nice!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:51 pm 
Experienced

Came across this looking for something else. I must have the new release because I have it on my tablet. Lovely work. Only thing I would suggest is seeing if we could get the menu and whatnot a bit larger as well. Additionally would you guys be all that opposed to increasing the size of the DRO gauges? It would be great to get them another 50% larger or so.I feel like they're just a smidge too small atm. Or (and I don't know how hard this would be to pull off) could we have a scalar option to basically zoom in/out on the gauges?

Other than that double thumbs up. Bummed that it took me this long to get a tablet in the car :)

MoTec Master
Scoobie Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 am 

Glad you like the improvements!

I've been think about how to do this in a way that would make most happy.

Here is my thoughts about potential gauge changes
#1 Enable different style gauges on the same view
For example - I'd like a Big Boost Gauge (manifold relative pressure corrected) and I want to look at AFL A-> D but these should be small.
#2 Enable the ability to change the gauge name - it doesn't always fit and I think I'd be happy with 'common name'
#3 Enable the gauges to be placed at a predetermined location - for example 4 small AFR Learning on the bottom with a Big Dial Style Boost gauge and Wide Band AFR O2 gauge in the middle
#4 Enable the gauge to be styled w/o having to recompile the java code - maybe html snippets?
#5 Make this custom style just another gauge option.
#6 Have a button to enable the gauge view to take up more space (fullscreen) and a simple button to restore.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 am 

> Or (and I don't know how hard this would be to pull off) could we have a scalar option to basically zoom in/out on the gauges?

Maybe this might be simple and nice - I think I'd like a fit to all available space?? I seem to end up with either a lot of small gauges which are a bit to small and unused space or use the larger ones which take up too much space and wanting to view a few more gauges w/o scrolling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:38 pm 

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on a similar project that will greatly improve the dash view in particular to tailor it towards a car-computer/tablet type application to use as live gauges. I want to implement functionality to really monitor the car with things like visual/audio warnings for knock and other issues.

So far it looks something like this:
Attachment:
Gauges.png

For one I'm using a library for proper gauges (radial, linear, and text indicators) called SteelSeries and I'm adding the ability to fully customize each guage (based on the parameter number so it's always saved for that type of gauge) including size, type, color, background and frame stuff, adding a warning led, and of course the position of that gauge.

My build also favors the logger by default, and it will allow the dash view to flip between full screen and normal view (for configuration mostly).

I wonder if we could blend efforts? Never worked with someone but it sounds like we're trying to do the same thing.

-Dmitri

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.