RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AEM UEGO 30-0333 logging via OBD2 integration
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm 

Decided to open a new thread on this since I finished my stage 2+ and have all my gauges installed - including the AEM 30-0333 UEGO with OBD2 piggyback integration.

I purchased this version since it feeds the WBO2 sensor signal directly into the OBD2 bus.

However, it doesn't seem to show up in Romraider Logger when I choose the AEM UEGO 19200 baud plugin (or any other plugin for that matter). When I select the plugin there is a prompt to choose the COM port but the drop-down is empty. Then I check the AEM UEGO Wideband 19200 extended parameter and it just sits at zero.

I know in the older 30-0300 models either the RS232 or 0-5v output needed to be used to log, but I was kind of under the assumption this version did away with that need (hence OBD2 integration). Does Romraider just not support direct WB02 logging via standard USB yet or something?

Post subject: Re: AEM UEGO 30-0333 logging via OBD2 integration
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm 
RomRaider Developer

RomRaider can Logger from a WBO2 that provides a serial interface (or VDC output via a converter to serial) which you connect to the laptop, these show up as COM ports.
RomRaider talks on either CAN or K-line with the ECU or TCU. It doesn't support any other CAN addresses on the bus. It could if the protocol of the meter is published and we make the appropriate plugin modifications.
Right now all that's supported is listed in the FAQ.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:00 pm 

Thanks for the quick response dschultz. According to the 30-0333 manual it is using CAN so all that would really be needed is the protocol from AEM and the right revisions to the plugin? Is that correct?

I'll reach out to AEM and see if they'd be willing to share the details of the meter protocol in any case.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 pm 

Hi dschultz, I talked to one of the AEM techs and they said the protocol is in the instructions (attached). I'm not a dev but I scanned through looking for anything related to OBDII or protocol and came up with the following.

Is this what you were referring to? If not, let me know and I'll see what else I can dig up or get from AEM.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 pm 
RomRaider Developer

To log this WBO2 you need to connect up the serial output from the controller to your logging computer, select the COM port in RomRaider Logger's AEM plugin for 9600 baud.
Attachment:
serial_out.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:32 am 

dschultz wrote:
To log this WBO2 you need to connect up the serial output from the controller to your logging computer, select the COM port in RomRaider Logger's AEM plugin for 9600 baud.
Attachment:
serial_out.png

Yeah, I've already set it up to run @9600 baud with the RS-232 output. I was just hoping based on your last reply there might be hope to bring true WBO2 CAN support to the AEM plugin by gathering the protocol information from AEM.

It would be nice to have fast polling without having to hack into the TGV or rear O2 harness. E.g. true plug & play compatibility.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am 
RomRaider Developer

Until a new plugin can be written you'll have to use the serial option. I can't give a timeframe for the plugin as it needs to integrate into the code that the logger uses to read the ECU since the CAN interface needs to be shared to be able to query two "ECU" addresses on the same physical conenction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:07 am 

dschultz wrote:
Until a new plugin can be written you'll have to use the serial option. I can't give a timeframe for the plugin as it needs to integrate into the code that the logger uses to read the ECU since the CAN interface needs to be shared to be able to query two "ECU" addresses on the same physical conenction.

No worries - I appreciate you considering it at least! Maybe some day :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:05 am 

Hi All.

I just finished up the EFILive mods for the AEM 30-0333 firmware. And, I was wondering who I need to talk to to make sure it works with ROMRaider. The CAN/OBDII data interface is massively superior to the serial/RS-232 method.

The 30-0333, basically, emulates an extra ECU on the CAN bus. By default 0x7E6. And, answers the normal PID 0x24 ( Lambda ) requests. I have a tiny bit of codespace remaining for any required tweaks. I can post the supported modes and PIDs, if that helps.