Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: IMMO OFF Possible?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 am 

Hi Everyone, I modify wiring harnesses for Subaru to classic VW engine conversions, and I like to show folks how to do that themselves. A complication is immobilizers. After research, it looks like an eeprom edit is the way to go, not sure if a romraider/other reflash would do it. Due to the sensitive nature of deleting an immo, can anyone PM with links to folks who do this, or info for which fields contain the immo-off "switch", if any?

I work with mostly non-immo wiring harnesses and ECM's currently, but I foresee this being an issue as the older donor cars collect miles. 2005+ are the headaches.

Any help would be great, thanks a ton.

Mick - busaru on youtube

Post subject: Re: IMMO OFF Possible?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 pm 

Hello Mick

I've watched almost ll your Videos on Youtube, gave me some insight on how to do the wiring conversions into Vanagons , doing them for someone locally as a side thing, Day job is doing typically 2004/5 to 2009ish DBW engines into Porsche 356 Replicas. (DBW is easier to me too)

Like you i'm wanting to be able to either turn off the immobilizers, to be able to open up more options and make things even easier. and i have doing a fair amount of research, and wishing i was able to understand more then i do now!

Also them "code eliminator" boards only fool an ECU for so long, from my experience with the first few DBC cars we done, and the reports i've gotten back customers.

Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 pm 

Can you work around this by transplanting the immobilizer into the new car alongside the ECU?

As the owner of a DBW Subaru, I really like the fact that immobilizers are hard to defeat. I will not make it easier for dirtbags to steal my car, and I hope that nobody else does either

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:16 am 

NSFW wrote:
Can you work around this by transplanting the immobilizer into the new car alongside the ECU?

As the owner of a DBW Subaru, I really like the fact that immobilizers are hard to defeat. I will not make it easier for dirtbags to steal my car, and I hope that nobody else does either

I personally do at this time for some swaps, least the ones without the BCU (Body control Unit) as part of the equation

Now both Mick and myself both do swaps into none Subaru based cars, and being able to have all the components needed, specially on the later cars, can take up valuable space. and since from a couple (and about to do another) of the setups i have done you need to have the key in that perfect location within the coil, else it won't work (add in the fact i usually only get one key!) Parts of me would love to keep it if, and only if, i can use a typical RFID/NFC key fob that i can program to each car/ECU/Immobilzer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:05 pm 

Can you take that one key, zip-tie it to the antenna, tuck them away, and let that be the thing that "defeats" the immobilizer? (Not really defeating it, just satisfying it.)

Then the vehicle would just continue using the VW/Porsche keys and ignition switch.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]