Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: MerpMod FAQ & Getting Started
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm 
RomRaider Developer

KPIT GNU tools is now Renesas GCC Services. https://gcc-renesas.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:12 am 

cool but i cannot see the GNUSH toolchain or the HEW for download on their website?

are they called something different now?

cheers,
sr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 am 

Hey man, I didn't have to use any of that. And my ECU wasn't supported.

Here's what I did...

I opened my ROM and looked at all the tables and found another ROM that also had all of the same tables my stock ROM had. When I found 2 or 3 Roms that had the same tables, I then looked to see if they had the same file size and Flash method. Once they had the same file size and Flash method, I looked to see if any of them had a working patch available.

Once I found a working patch I downloaded the stock version of it and ran it thru SharpTune and patched it. Once that was dome and the patch was successful I then got the latest defs etc.

Then open EcuFlash and point the ROM Metadata folder to the exact file in subaru definitions folder. So for example in my case I own a 2004 JDM Legacy Spec B AT with a ROM version A2WD012A (i think) but there was no patch supported for that. So what I did was I realised that there was a supported patch for an ADM 2004 Liberty AT available that had all of the exact tables as my JDM ROM. So I patched the ADM ROM.

I then pointed the ROM Metadata folder to Subaru Standard -> Subaru Liberty (because that's what the new ROM is). Only then did it open the patched ROM so that I can view and edit the tables in EcuFlash. From there I tried to build a base map said a prayer, did a test write to the ECU, and once that was successful flashed the ADM ROM to my JDM ECU. Said another prayer and tried to start. Started immediately and idled just fine until it warmed up. That's when the tuning began...

Hope that helps.

If you still have trouble let me know I'll see if I can help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm 

Hey Guys,

Having some trouble getting the logger to work. Are there updated Romraider logger defs? The ones that i used the logger doesn't even connect.

HELP?????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm 

Legacy_SpecB wrote:
Hey Guys,

Having some trouble getting the logger to work. Are there updated Romraider logger defs? The ones that i used the logger doesn't even connect.

HELP?????

it's in the second post:
4. Mods require custom definition files to edit and log. Download definitions from: https://github.com/Merp/SubaruDefs/archive/MerpMod.zip or clone the repository. Extract the ZIP if necessary.

and

6. Launch RomRaider logger, click Settings->Logger Definition Location... and select the appropriate logger definition file for your ROM from the extracted ZIP subdirectory: ‘RomRaider/logger/logger_<units>_<language>.xml’. Some may be located in 'RomRaider/logger/MerpMod/<your CAL ID>.xml. The rom CAL ID can be found by opening the rom in ECUFlash or RomRaider and clicking 'ROM Info'.

Download and install the logger defs and you should be good to go.

MY06 EDM STi Type UK Spec D
============================
Panel Filter/2.5" Decat/Prodrive Springs/Leather Seats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:09 pm 

I did that. None of them worked. that was the first thing i tried. Thats why i asked if there were updated defs.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Legacy_SpecB wrote:
Hey Guys,

HELP?????

For which ECU ID?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:34 pm 

So i have a 2004 JDM Legacy Spec B AT with an Internal ID A2WD012A and ECU ID 3C04504316. I needed a SD Patch and there was none with my Internal ID so i found a compatible ROM from an ADM Liberty GT AT with an Internal ID A2ZJD02G and ECU ID 136272244F. So i patched the ADM ROM and it loaded up on my JDM ECU and it works fine and the car runs well.

The problem is when i use the defs that Merp said works in Romraider the logger doesnt even connect.

Thats what i need help with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:15 pm 

quick check in the logger_STD_EN.XML I can see there are entries in there for 136272244F - if you check with learning view/show LTV does it pick up anything?

MY06 EDM STi Type UK Spec D
============================
Panel Filter/2.5" Decat/Prodrive Springs/Leather Seats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm 

Nope nothing just checked. I'm really confused as to why it won't connect. I was supposed to go on the dyno today but can't do a proper tune without the logger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Post your rr_system.log file.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:30 pm 

So I figured out how to create my own patch for a rom. Which is great, including the definition file so I can actually do stuff in ECUFlash.

However, I can do it for only the roms included in the targets folder.

Can anyone point me in a direction of how to create a rom .h file or how to use IDA to generate a H or MAP file so that I can create a patch for my rom?

For instance, I want to patch AE5I910L, I need a AE5I910L.h (2011 USDM WRX) file so that I can use that as the TargetConfig.h to build the patch I want, but looking at the other <calid>.h files the locations are different per rom.

This is the only piece of instruction I am lacking, as everything else I figured out.

I created a LC - FFS - CEL rom for AE5IB00V (2011 USDM STI) including the ECUFlash definitions and they appear to be all correct as far as values are concerned (I don't want Speed Density so I removed it from the patch, plus I already have a tuned rom, no need to reinvent it, the MAF is fine for me)

So can anyone shed some light on how to create the necessary header file for my rom so that I can generate a patch for it?

I did use SharpTune to do a XML to IDC conversion but I don't know what to do with it in IDA and proceed to generate a .map file or .h file to use with Merp in HEW.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 am 
Experienced

For the start probably it would be easier to open in IDA both your rom and something similar that has a .h file already defined/completed (AZ1G202G for example) and try find the missing addresses from your .h file by looking at the code from the defined rom at a certain address and trying to find the similar code/pattern in your rom ... (and read those threads if not done already http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6303 http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8449)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6