Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MerpMod FAQ & Getting Started
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:37 am 
Experienced

CarverHouseRally wrote:
Ok so that table has to have positive values. Does the Merp timing hack have to be set to enabled to use the different divemode timing tables?

yes :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 am 

Hey!

I am having problems getting the Sharp tune to open my binary.

Im getting a similar error as others has before, their problem seems to have been the locale settings, however, mine are set to US-EN.

Please advice! (Binary base is A8DK100Y)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SharpTuneCore.ECUMetaData.Inherit()
at SharpTuneCore.ECUMetaData.Populate()
at SharpTuneCore.ECU.TryOpenRom(String f)
at SharpTuneCore.ECU..ctor(SharpTuner st, String fPath)
at SharpTune.MainWindow.openDeviceImage(String filename)
at SharpTune.MainWindow.openDeviceImageToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SharpTune
Assembly Version: 0.1.9.38164
Win32 Version: 0.1.9.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/togo1891/Downloads/SharpTune.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:53 pm 
Experienced

Anybody knows anything about Merp ? I see he has not been here for several months now and just wanted to know he is ok ....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:00 am 
Experienced

i've heard he has a job with Cobb.

Rumours maybe ? who knows.

Post subject: Support for A2WD012A
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 pm 
Experienced

Merp:

Can you add SD to A2WD012A?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 pm 

Have tried applying the patch to 04 STi Rom. FFS and LC will not work. The MERP Rev Limiter does work however. I get an Unhandled Error when i try and apply the patch. Have the same issue on 3 different laptops. Wondering if this is the issue regarding the non working ffs and lc.

ROM = A2ZJ710J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am 

[quote="bludgod"]oh I get that too I just thought those features weren't available in the rom (ecuflash set to developer mode). With a sharptune patched A8DK100Y rom the following items are listed but can't be expanded/edited in any way that I can see:

Merp CEL Flash
Merp Fueling
Merp Map Switching
Merp Boost Hacks
Merp Timing

But I can see/expand/edit :
Merp ROM Settings
Merp Speed Density
Merp Rev Limit

I've attached the patched rom I've been testing on as well, maybe I've got my defs mucked up?
Attachment:
ADK100Y - MeRpMoD Gratis Testing.bin

i have the same problem too...can someone help???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 am 
RomRaider Donator

MrMena wrote:
Hey Merp, Firstly i wanted to say thanks for the awesome work you've put into this. I'm having a bit of trouble getting my Learning View and Fine knock correction figures to work in Logger. When i first flashed over the MerpMod map i didn't think much of the LTV not working however after about a week of driving i noticed that my IAM multiplier was down to 0.625, I tried logging knock but it wouldn't pick up any knock. (I have a transmission shudder at low rpm which results in the ECU picking up false knock at low rpm, i use this as a control to test if Logger is reading knock correctly or not).

I've currently flashed back to a standard map until i can figure out how to get logger to read Fine Learning Knock Correction and getting LTV to work.

This is the error i get

I've tried playing around with the defs and had a read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9962 but still can't get it to work. Any advice?

Thanks,
Mena

I ran into this problem last week. Luckily I was able to figure it out.

In RomRaider, I assume you are using ecu_defs_merpmod.xml. That definitions has <rom base="AZ1J500G"> unfortunately it doesn't have a corresponding <xmlid>AZ1J500G</xmlid> section within the file. So it is looking for something that isn't there.

The solution is:

1. Open up your AZ1J500G definition xml file. In my case it is 2011EdmImprezaSTi-AZ1J500G_v3.xml
2. Paste the code below. The code below comes from ecu_defs_merpmod.xml.
Code:
<rom base="AZ1J500G">
    <romid>
      <xmlid>AZ1J500G.MeRpMoD.Gratis.Testing.v13.5.6.224</xmlid>
      <internalidaddress>E1000</internalidaddress>
      <internalidstring>AZ1J500G.MeRpMoD.Gratis.Testing.v13.5.6.224</internalidstring>
      <ecuid>1356224FFF</ecuid>
      <year>11</year>
      <market>EDM</market>
      <make>Subaru</make>
      <model>Impreza</model>
      <submodel>STi</submodel>
      <transmission>MT</transmission>
      <memmodel>SH7058</memmodel>
      <flashmethod>subarucan</flashmethod>
      <checksummodule>subarudbw</checksummodule>
      <filesize>1024kb</filesize>
    </romid>
  </rom>

3. Save the file under a different name and set RomRaider definition to that new file.

Done!

In the new file, the merpmod ecu ID looks for AZ1J500G which is there. That in turn looks for 32BITBASE which is also there. Now it is complete.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:05 am 
RomRaider Donator

Does anyone know how to SD log an Innovate wideband with Merpmod's SD tuning? It is more convenient not to run a laptop all the time.

I can SD log the Innovate WB on the standard rom, but not on a speed density rom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm 

Hi

i'm trying to patch my ROM (A8DK100U) to merpmod, but I'm not sucessful.

It says no mods found for read_image.bin

If someone can help, please.

Thank you

Attachments:
read_image.bin [1 MiB]
Downloaded 41 times

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:01 am 

ray991991 wrote:
bludgod wrote:
oh I get that too I just thought those features weren't available in the rom (ecuflash set to developer mode). With a sharptune patched A8DK100Y rom the following items are listed but can't be expanded/edited in any way that I can see:

Merp CEL Flash
Merp Fueling
Merp Map Switching
Merp Boost Hacks
Merp Timing

Merp ROM Settings
Merp Speed Density
Merp Rev Limit

I've attached the patched rom I've been testing on as well, maybe I've got my defs mucked up?
Attachment:
The attachment ADK100Y - MeRpMoD Gratis Testing.bin is no longer available

I would also like to know if there is a solution to this.

My result is attached also.

Attachments:
modscreenshot.jpg
modscreenshot.jpg [ 479.12 KiB | Viewed 457 times ]
AE5F301C.MeRpMoDSurge.bin [1 MiB]
Downloaded 42 times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:11 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm terribly sorry if this question has been addressed somewhere but i've been searching for days and tried all different methods but to no avail.

I want to patch my 32bit Rom to use Speed Density because ive already reached the max that the MAF can go even with a larger than stock MAf tube. I've tried to follow all of the guides posted, by getting SharpTune and all supporting files however it just does not work. I'm not very technical and maybe this is my downfall so i was wondering if someone can help. Ive tried following the guide that Merp has by using SharpTune but i keep hitting a wall. I have no problem donating for the help.

My ROM is A2WD012A and from what ive read the A2WC012E should be compatible.

I just need a patched file that i can flash OR a more noob friendly roadmap for getting it done myself. The current guides are way to technical for me. If anyone thinks that i should not go about doing it myself that cool, i hope that you would help in whatever constructive way you can.

Legacy_SpecB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:23 am 
RomRaider Donator

Surge wrote:
ray991991 wrote:
bludgod wrote:
oh I get that too I just thought those features weren't available in the rom (ecuflash set to developer mode). With a sharptune patched A8DK100Y rom the following items are listed but can't be expanded/edited in any way that I can see:

Merp CEL Flash
Merp Fueling
Merp Map Switching
Merp Boost Hacks
Merp Timing

Merp ROM Settings
Merp Speed Density
Merp Rev Limit

Attachment:
ADK100Y - MeRpMoD Gratis Testing.bin

I would also like to know if there is a solution to this.

My result is attached also.

The guys who were developing this appear to mostly have left the forums/no longer posting.

Some of the patches for ROMs were developed to different degrees (hence why you can't see items in yours), but ongoing progress from the original guys appears to have stopped.

If you've got the time/ability to work with HEW etc, then you could probably port a lot of the features to your own ROM, based on the information on the Romraider forums.

If you can, then worth posting up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 am 
RomRaider Donator

Legacy_SpecB wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm terribly sorry if this question has been addressed somewhere but i've been searching for days and tried all different methods but to no avail.

I want to patch my 32bit Rom to use Speed Density because ive already reached the max that the MAF can go even with a larger than stock MAf tube. I've tried to follow all of the guides posted, by getting SharpTune and all supporting files however it just does not work. I'm not very technical and maybe this is my downfall so i was wondering if someone can help. Ive tried following the guide that Merp has by using SharpTune but i keep hitting a wall. I have no problem donating for the help.

I just need a patched file that i can flash OR a more noob friendly roadmap for getting it done myself. The current guides are way to technical for me. If anyone thinks that i should not go about doing it myself that cool, i hope that you would help in whatever constructive way you can.

Legacy_SpecB

I seem to recall it took me some time to get sharptune to work...... Given now so long ago, can't remember which bits I got stuck on.

Despite my post above too - you're in luck, if indeed those two ROM year/models are compatible. (They both have the same flash method, but do your research!)

Where are you getting stuck with Sharptune? Perhaps if you describe it, will help others too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:20 pm 

The Lorax wrote:
Legacy_SpecB wrote:
Hey guys,

Legacy_SpecB

I seem to recall it took me some time to get sharptune to work...... Given now so long ago, can't remember which bits I got stuck on.

Despite my post above too - you're in luck, if indeed those two ROM year/models are compatible. (They both have the same flash method, but do your research!)

Where are you getting stuck with Sharptune? Perhaps if you describe it, will help others too.

OK! so i got Sharptune to work and it says that the ROM was patched but i go into EcuFlash to open the rom and i get a checksum error. So i click yes and nothing shows up no tables etc. Ive read that i now need Renesas HEW IDE to 'create' the map.........problem is i cant seem to find it to download it. The website listed http://www.knipgnutools.com is no longer available and they moved their website to a different name. On the new website i still cannot find the program to download. Can someone point me in the direction of the direct download please. Is this what im supposed to do or is the ROM supposed to open properly once patched? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next