RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Future Merpmod Features
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 am 

Want to start this thread so everyone can post ideas and questions, what they think should be implemented into Merpmod :D

What I would like to see:
- DBW Tables (Intelligent, Sport, Sport#) for models <2008
- Ignition per gear for models <2008
- Base Timing Idle tables for Intelligent, Sport, Sport# and/or Overrun fueling for the different modes, so you have pops and bangs if you want to and not always activated
- Fueling per gear
- Oil Pressure Failsafe: If oil pressure is under a certain threshold, it limits the throttle plate opening angle and CEL flashes

Is it possible to use the TGV Connector PWM outputs?

Attachments:
tgv output.png
tgv output.png [ 18.11 KiB | Viewed 142 times ]

Post subject: Re: Future Merpmod Features
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm 
Experienced

MiSTI wrote:
- DBW Tables (Intelligent, Sport, Sport#) for models <2008

Possible :)

MiSTI wrote:
- Ignition per gear for models <2008 - Full timing table ? or compensation ?

MiSTI wrote:
- Base Timing Idle tables for Intelligent, Sport, Sport# and/or Overrun fueling for the different modes, so you have pops and bangs if you want to and not always activated

How does idle timing influence pops and farts ? I understand overrun fueling, but i'd have thought its also a function of base timing (retarded timing at overrun load sites?)

MiSTI wrote:
- Fueling per gear

More detail please ?

MiSTI wrote:
- Oil Pressure Failsafe: If oil pressure is under a certain threshold, it limits the throttle plate opening angle and CEL flashes

Good idea. Could also do an oil temperature input option too, and have a oil temp to redline compensation (same for coolant temp). Could also use MAF input for this on SD cars.. haven't tried this yet!

MiSTI wrote:
Is it possible to use the TGV Connector PWM outputs?

They aren't PWM. They are timed open/shut, from memory they flip polarity if they are trying to open/close the TGV butterfly. I wanted to use them for an exhaust valve but without finding and hacking the code around these it was easier to just build a box to read Throttle pos, rpm, si-drive etc from canbus.

Post subject: Re: Future Merpmod Features
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 am 

MiSTI wrote:
Full timing table ? or compensation ?

I think the way the models >2008 handle it, is nice, but without the muliplier.

Quote:
How does idle timing influence pops and farts ? I understand overrun fueling, but i'd have thought its also a function of base timing (retarded timing at overrun load sites?)

The problem with the 32bit models is, that if you set the Base Idle Timing (In-Gear) to 0° like here, idle gets louder and rough, but what I found is, that this is the only way to get constant pops and bangs.
With the "Base Idle Timing (In-Gear)" table targeting normal timing like 16.91° in this case (instead of 0°) + Base Timing with 0°, you only get 1-2 short little pops.
So solve this issue, tables like the 16bit models have "Base Idle Timing (Above and Below Speed Threshold)" would be enough, but with 3 different modes
Adjustablity to only get pops and bangs in Sport# for instance and normal idle behaviour, would be nice.

If you want louder pops and bangs, retard timing more, but then idle gets rougher.
I also typically set it up, that you only get pops and bangs above a certain rpm (here about 3000)

Quote:
More detail please ?

Just an Enrichment like the "Launch Control Fuel Enrichment" table, but for each gear and only above a certain engine load.

Quote:
Good idea. Could also do an oil temperature input option too, and have a oil temp to redline compensation (same for coolant temp). Could also use MAF input for this on SD cars.. haven't tried this yet!

Sounds good :)