Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: DIY USB 4 PLX (FTW)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:11 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Maybe this is the reason?
http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/ ... rFAQ#toc63
Only one sensor is supported.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm 

"updated" to most recent romraider and all is fixed. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 pm 

Not sure where to put it, but if anyone is interested, I am nearly done coding an Arduino to capture the data that the PLX sensor modules output so that I can display it on some little 4 digit 7 segment displays. They're cheaper, smaller, and show me exactly what I want to see from a quickly viewed guage on the Dash, and now I can fit more than 2 displays and they only cost $10 a piece (granted, sensor modules usually cost ~$150 a piece).

Also, in getting the program done, I found that the PLX displays add their own data to the iMFD data packet, so when people are getting errors and "erroneous" data, it's probably the displays data and not actually erroneous information. And I believe the displays add their own data to tell other displays that they have already displayed a specific set of data, so you can have two of the same sensor and two of the same display and not get conflicts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:18 pm 
Experienced

Flinkly, how much would it cost to get one of the controllers to set up a display? I currently have a afr, and was interested in getting a vacuum/boost, and an IAT sensor from plx. If its affordable I'd love to get custom displays set up to read out the data!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:45 pm 

kennezer wrote:
Flinkly, how much would it cost to get one of the controllers to set up a display? I currently have a afr, and was interested in getting a vacuum/boost, and an IAT sensor from plx. If its affordable I'd love to get custom displays set up to read out the data!

Should jump over to Legacygt.com forum. I am sub'd to this and for once had some time to come check out the new post, but much more active over there. (i don't have a thread about this project though, it's mixed between a few... maybe i should fix that.)

I'm working on assembling an updated one using OLED screens and Arduino. 3D printed parts are coming, and the OLEDs, Arduino, and code are all working on my desk. There'll just be some fine tuning after i get it really up and running, and probably software features i'll add to it. the OLEDs are $25 a pop and the Arduino is $10-15. Could probably use 1 larger screen and get the 4x screen cost down to 1x (i like the negative RGB LCD...)

Overall though, depending on how you output the data, you could pick up an Arduino Pro Trinket 5V from Adafruit and read in the data off serial, and output it to whatever display you'd like. i can give you the code i've got for AFR and Boost/Vacuum, and it's pretty simple to replicate from there for others. Sure beats paying $150+ for a gauge.

anyways, PM for excessive amounts of details.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 am 

flinkly wrote:
"updated" to most recent romraider and all is fixed. :oops:

Sorry to wake up and old thread :)
But were you able to get both boost and afr from PLX in Romraider ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 pm 

i honestly don't remember if i was able to log both directly in romraider through the PC.

I'd have to say looking back that logging the additional sensor(s) thru the serial interface, thru USB, and having romraider (try) to log it was the wrong way to be doing it. or a crutch to use for a short period. always had random interface issues too.

Much cleaner to input sensor data straight into the subaru ECU itself, through an unused/removed sensor and then just adjust the data logged. TGV sensor inputs provide two inputs once you do a TGV delete, and the rear O2 can be used as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7