Community

Developers

It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A simple feature request for logger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm 
RomRaider Donator

Hi everyone,

How does everyone peruse their logs after long road trips and make adjustments?

I almost always have the laptop in the passenger's seat logging, been like this since my days of live tuning my Autronic SM2 in my 72 Corolla. One thing I miss dearly is the ability to mark a spot in the tune to adjust. I find myself reaching over to my laptop and tapping the spacebar. would there be any way to add this feature or something close in the logger to mark a spot that needs attention in the tune?

I had thought about repurposing a existing analog switch input or upgrading my phidget interface and adding a slap button on the console but the idea of clicking a parameter/switch in the menu seems allot cleaner.

Is this even possible to log a input from the computer/laptop to display a 1 or 0 in a datalog?

Post subject: Re: A simple feature request for logger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 pm 

what vehicle/ecu are you using?

for instance, if you have a 16-bit 02/03 USDM WRX ecu or one of the plethora of non-avcs and avcs EDM/ADM/JDM ecus that support Carberry, then you could log A/T switch for 0 or 1 and use an external switch to ground or open the circuit from E-block pin 1.

disable automatic trans logic and make all M/T and A/T tables the same, and now you can log the switch value and use it to mark spots in the log.

I'm sure you could do something similar for another ecu, such as if you don't have a/c and you run a switch to the pin for A/C RPM compensation

Post subject: Re: A simple feature request for logger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 am 
RomRaider Donator

jon7009 wrote:
what vehicle/ecu are you using?

for instance, if you have a 16-bit 02/03 USDM WRX ecu or one of the plethora of non-avcs and avcs EDM/ADM/JDM ecus that support Carberry, then you could log A/T switch for 0 or 1 and use an external switch to ground or open the circuit from E-block pin 1.

disable automatic trans logic and make all M/T and A/T tables the same, and now you can log the switch value and use it to mark spots in the log.

I'm sure you could do something similar for another ecu, such as if you don't have a/c and you run a switch to the pin for A/C RPM compensation

I totally forgot about A/T logic, I was contemplating the I/C sprayer inputs but that will do too!
I am running carberry with a AVCS non TGV JDM 01/02 SG5 22611AG561 ECU on my V9 207. I'm not sure how long I will be running CB on this ECU, it's been a little glitchy with the AVCS and FLKC/FBKC working most of the time. that's for another post though! I will disable A/T logic, make the tables the same and add in a switch and log that. Thank you!