Open Source ECU Tools
 FAQ •  Register •  Login 

RomRaider

Documentation

Community

Developers

It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phidgets PhidgetInterfaceKit Support
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am 
RomRaider Donator

Hi Dschultz

Did some logging this morning and converted my piks into AFR's, They were quite a bit out, by about 2.0-3.0 out. I found this post http://www.sx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39929 and used the conversion and the conversion is just about spot on.

For example, if the output is 2.0 Vdc, the AFR is 12.06:1
2.375 * 2.0 + 7.3125 = 12.06

It is a very informative post and i think i am nearly there..My smallest afr ranges from 7.3 from 10 previously on the other conversion.

Let me know what you think...

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 am 
RomRaider Developer

Certainly if the WBO2 controller outputs different values than what AEM publish then you will need to adjust your formulae accordingly.
Try to do some steady state driving so you have your stoich reference on the gauge and the stock O2 sensor, record the VDC.
Do some lean (coasting) and some WOT to find the high and low values then you have at least three points to plot and from that you can generate a formulae that applies to your setup.
If all you need to do is shift the curve up or down, in the calculation just do that by changing (+/-) the last value.
Gasoline AFR = 0.0099935 * x + (10.001 + yourShiftValue)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 am 

Badass! Phidgets are cool! And now that you enabled the ability to log external sensors independently of the Subaru ECU, I'm sure a lot more people (even non-automotive) will start using RomRaider!

Original MS41.2 ECU Editor Definitions
Technical Writing & Support

MS41 ECU Portal https://sites.google.com/site/openms41/tuning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm 
RomRaider Developer

So I should finish the user scaling interface one of these days...?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 am 
RomRaider Donator

dschultz wrote:

If you could do that it would be awesome, and much easier , I am used to it but it does add some time on every Log to a vlookup and convert from another Range on another worksheet to fill in the AFR's (Im using for AEM failsafe Gauge) .

I would not consider another analogue gauge like this and others if i have to go through the exersize with 2 external divices i had to do this with.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze add.

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am 

+1 for AEM Failsafe Gauge 30-4900 0-5v PhidgetInterface Kit user scaling interface for RomRaider :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:22 pm 

Since the logging of a Prosport wideband 0-5v is similar to the AEM being discussed, what is the advantage of using the Phidget kit versus bringing in the 5v signal via pin 8 of the Obd2 output to the Tactrix?

Can RR log the Phidget output concurrently with the usual Tactrix outputs?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 pm 
RomRaider Developer

Kremer930 wrote:
Since the logging of a Prosport wideband 0-5v is similar to the AEM being discussed, what is the advantage of using the Phidget kit versus bringing in the 5v signal via pin 8 of the Obd2 output to the Tactrix?
Using the PhidgetInterfaceKit you can log all of it's inputs concurrent with using the Openport2 to access the ECU parameters. RomRaider does not currently support reading the Openport2 pin 8 ADC value. And at the moment I don't think the Logger can read pin 8 while also reading the ECU at the same time (but I do have to validate this statement).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm 

My Phidget kit 2/2/2 gets here this Friday and so I will be able to begin logging my Prosport wideband. I have the scaling data but was wondering is there a method to scale the data within the RR plugin etc rather than do the sums in excel?

I have also purchased a cheaper analog to digital USB convertor to see if this can be made to work as well as a Phidget. But initially I just want to be able to reliably log before I offer others a cheaper way of achieving the same.

Thanks for all of your help.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 am 
RomRaider Developer

Kremer930 wrote:
I have the scaling data but was wondering is there a method to scale the data within the RR plugin etc rather than do the sums in excel?
Not until the interface to enter custom scaling data is finished. For now you'll have to use post processing in a spreadsheet.

Kremer930 wrote:
I have also purchased a cheaper analog to digital USB convertor to see if this can be made to work
We'd need to see the API for it first.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:58 am 

A question about wiring the Phidget if I can. I wired up the white Phidget analog input to the brown 5v output from the wideband and the black vehicle ground also shared by the wideband controller. I also wired the red wire from the Phidget to a switched accessory power supply. Is this correct or should the Phidget receive power from the USB on the laptop?

I have loaded up the Phidget driver and can see the Phidget control panel but neither the laptop nor RR can see the Phidget. Have I zapped it by supplying a 12 power supply?

Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am 
RomRaider Developer

Kremer930 wrote:
A question about wiring the Phidget if I can. I wired up the white Phidget analog input to the brown 5v output from the wideband and the black vehicle ground also shared by the wideband controller. I also wired the red wire from the Phidget to a switched accessory power supply. Is this correct or should the Phidget receive power from the USB on the laptop?
The Phidget website has a documentation section that provides wiring guidelines.

Kremer930 wrote:
I have loaded up the Phidget driver and can see the Phidget control panel but neither the laptop nor RR can see the Phidget. Have I zapped it by supplying a 12 power supply?

Thanks again for your help.
If the computer doesn't see the Phidget when you plug it into the laptop, then possibly. It operates on USB port power.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:48 am 

I now have the Phidget wired in with the Phidget app seeing the Phidget. Romraider is also now seeing the Phidget under external sensors and the values within the display page are visible.

After doing a couple of log runs I checked the logs to find no data at all from any parameters, could it have lost the comms when I re-started the car and there was a momentary loss of power to the OBD and Phidget?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:00 am 
RomRaider Donator

Kremer930 wrote:
I now have the Phidget wired in with the Phidget app seeing the Phidget. Romraider is also now seeing the Phidget under external sensors and the values within the display page are visible.

After doing a couple of log runs I checked the logs to find no data at all from any parameters, could it have lost the comms when I re-started the car and there was a momentary loss of power to the OBD and Phidget?

Have you selected the Phidget logging parameter in external pluggins list. You just need to start RR when and have the phidget device already plugged in.. If however you do unplug the phidget device say whilst driving , i just put it back in and it picks up up automatically when it receives a signal..

Do your logs have the phidgets columns but no data or dont any phidget columns exist.. ?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:08 am 
RomRaider Donator

dschultz wrote:

:wink: This would still be awesome.. Im keen on Logging EGT, Oil pressure and Temp tool... I'll be tester Guinea pig(sp?) if needed..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next